We are in the midst of packing for our move to the sunny Okanagan at the end of the month. So, I REALLY should not be crafting right now! That said, I’m sure we’ll be even busier on the other end, and I really want Kay’s room decor to be ready for our arrival. Right now, she is into all things Disney princess. And while I’m willing to work with a general princessy theme, I also want her surroundings to reflect her other interests, such as reading, science, and exploration. This is where Dr. Seuss comes in. The man was a genius, in my opinion. His quotes, while whimsically worded for young children, are also very inspirational, and remain relevant for us through to adulthood. Below are a few of my favourites, taken from the book “Oh, the places you’ll go!”
Here’s how I completed this project:
1. Create a word document of your favourite quotes, experimenting with different fonts and text colours.
2. Search free clip art images that highlight your quotes.
3. Print- I went to Staples and the job cost less than $1.50.
4. Choose your frames. Mine are 11 x 14. $3 each at the dollar store. I used acrylic paint to add a pop of colour to the mattings.
5. Viola! A quick and easy DIY that can be done for around $10.